Thursday, March 11, 2010

Less than 24 hours until Spring Break...

...and all I have left to do is study for a CLS (Combat Lifesavers) exam, write a book report, attend ROTC classes tomorrow, and finish and draft my clinic design documents.

Granted the CLS exam is probably really easy and the book report is only 1-2 pages. It's that last one that might keep me up all night/day.

But the good news is that once it's all done I'll have made a significant step towards finishing clinic AND I'll be on break!

Which is good. My car is in the shop now and my girlfriend is going on a trip so break will likely mean catching up on lots of sleep and doing lots of work.

And lots of work I have to do. The clinic design documents will include my schematics for our device's analyzer but over break I get to actually layout the schematics on a PCB and route all the traces to get them all ready to fabricate. It's no easy task, especially since there are parameters for EVERYTHING (how wide is this trace, how close can it be to this other trace, how close can the both of them come to this part right here, etc).

But all in all its fun. This is the real engineering! And I'm feeling more confident now that our design might actually work.

This semester has been a lot busier than I was hoping it would be but I guess that's just how it goes. Idle hands, eh? Better to be too busy than bored, although being bored for ONCE while I'm here at Mudd would have been an interesting change of pace.

How many days left to graduate? 65.5 all included. Man that's close.

No comments:

Post a Comment